Monday, February 07, 2011

Blog & Life Update

Sometimes a blog post is necessary for this sort of deal. I have a lot of little things to share, information, upcoming events and blog posts and there isn't much to do but put it all in one ginormous information laden post.

Kidding. :)

First off, my young reviewer and I have yet to connect on his latest reads so it may be a bit before we get this idea launched properly. But no fear, it will happen!

Some upcoming posts, there will be an interview and give-away with CJ Gosling about her YA Fantasy The Guardian, another post with Elizabeth Engstrom on When to say goodbye to your Agent and a list of the ins and outs of publishing and all the people you never knew existed (like literary Scouts) to name a few.

There will be a contest coming up when my followers on my blog hits 150. This will be a big splash of a contest with lots of goodies! Details are still in the works but I think it's going to be a real fun one. :)

Finally, my own writing journey has gotten under way. Though I don't yet have a contract with publishing house yet, it is getting closer as my agent continues to submit the ms. Along these lines, I will be taking some editing courses in March in the hopes that I will make less mistakes in my own work.

This also means that I will be looking to dip my toes into the free lance editing world. So to pick those lucky few, I have a contest for free edits in order to get feedback before I start on this as a potential side career.

Sounds good? Would love to hear what you all think about this. Thanks for your support in this crazy journey of mine.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Great idea to broaden your skills, Shannon. Surely more and different opportunities will be available to you as a result. Meanwhile, your journey is an inspiration to other beginning writers, like me :)

Shannon said...

Thanks Mandy. The more you can learn about this business the better writer you'll be all around. That's what I tell myself anyway!