Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October Indie Cover Art Poll


Vote for your favourite and be put in a draw where you can win 16 e-books! One book from each of the authors who participate and one from me, the host of the poll. You can only choose 1 cover as your favourite and you can only get a single entry, no matter how many times you comment.

The winner will be announced on October the 15 and entries will be taken until noon on the 15th.

The winning cover art will then be displayed on all the other author’s blogs who have participated this month for a minimum of 1 blog post.

If you’d like to have your cover art involved in the November Indie Cover Art Poll, send the cover, a short blurb and one link to motionsrider@yahoo.ca

Don't forget to leave your email address when you vote. Now, let the voting begin!

**If you are going to leave an annonymous comment you MUST put in your email for the vote to count**






Captain Derac Vidor dedicated his life to Kinir; then his Commander betrays everything Derac loves.

Fuelled by rage, the team chases the source to their Commander’s betrayal–a powerful wizard bent on revenge.

Derac’s tragic past may be the key to saving the team. Can he face the nightmare? (#1)

More about this book and author click here

Jacob and Noah Garrett are brothers harbouring a lifelong resentment towards each other while dealing with their own compulsive obsessions. One is a liberal gay man who forsakes his family and moves to New York City from Tennessee to make his mark on the world.
The other is a southern conservative who is left at home holding the proverbial family bag. The story follows their loosely intertwined lives through the wild times of the late seventies and the restraint of the Reagan years in which one brother ends up becoming a minister and preaching his doctrine while the other believes there are some things people are born with and not meant to change.
Well with My Soul deals with themes of sexuality, religion, and addiction and is told through the perspective of both brothers showing how misguided choices can drastically affect those around you for years to come. (#2)
More about this book and author click here
"In stories of rugged roads, hopes, pleasures and dreams, The Chakra Diaries weaves 10 people's lives together in a work of art for the heart. It's New Age fiction you'll want to read for its wisdom as much as for its drama, passion, sensuality and humour." ~ Marya Mann, PhD, Brave New Viewsletter (#3)

More about this book and author click here
In this sequel to The Chosen, the Chosen and their Guardians find themselves thrust into a whirlwind adventure spanning multiple planets.

The inhabitants of Astra have been terrorized by a madman, the peaceful Jhinn of planet Earth have been taken by their enemies, four more of the Chosen are killed, and the Mekans have divided their forces and have landed on both Volgon and Astra.

Can the Chosen find a way to work through their differences and defeat their common enemy? (#4)

More about this book and author click here
While two women vie for his heart, a hunt for killers thrusts Jake Driver into a life and death battle with a brutal drug gang, and into the cross hairs of a ruthless archenemy he pursued a generation ago.

As he sails to and from the Caribbean, Jake’s two worlds collide: one, the violent and dangerous thrill ride he mounts when he serves his country as a federal agent, the other, a realm of love, sex and poignant storybook endings he creates in romance novels.

A dangerous operative and hopeless romantic, Jake has issues to resolve before he can commit to any one woman. (#5)

More about this book and author click here
Sigrid and Suko are two girls from the impoverished and crime-infested streets of 24th century Earth. Sold into slavery to save their families from financial ruin, the girls are forced to live out their lives in service to the Kimura Corporation, a prestigious mercenary clan with a lineage stretching back long before the formation of the Federated Corporations.

Known only to Kimura, the two girls share startling secret—a rare genetic structure not found in tens of millions of other girls.

But when their secret becomes known, Sigrid and Suko quickly find themselves at the center of a struggle for power. Now, hunted by men who would seek to control them, Sigrid and Suko are forced to fight for their own survival, and for the freedom of the girls from Alcyone.(#6)
More about this book and author click here
Conservatively raised Catholic, Lisa, at age thirteen, would suddenly find herself on a totally different path. Through an unlikely chance meeting of a fellow classmate, she would soon find herself innocently taking their relationship to a foreign level neither saw coming...finding out what they are made of as they face the consequences and struggles that come along with going against the grain.

Told in a raw, honest format, this memoir will stay with you long after the last word is read, haunting you with one question: How can loving someone ever be wrong? (#7)

More about this book and author click here
Unburdened by the pain of loss and heartbreak, Mikhail is content with his life of solitude. But everything began to change the day he realised he has a psychic ability -- the power to alter the emotions of those around him.

Mikhail is ushered into the Military Academy with others like him -- other Daevas -- where he does his part to help tip the scales of war against the vampires that destroyed the world and plague what remains of humanity. But after going up against his first vampire, Mikhail starts to question everything he thought to be true.

To discover the truth and expose the lies he once believed, Mikhail will set out on a journey of discovery, and learn some things about himself in the process. (#8)

More about this book and author click here
For Tommy, there is only one thing he needs to do: survive. Only surviving isn't that easy.

He has no human memories and Vampire Forces is determined to turn every vampire to ash. The only human he can trust is his twin brother, Danny.

Tommy just wants to survive but he'll discover there's more to life than simple survival. (#9)

More about this book and author click here
Seven Point Eight: The most powerful number in the universe, the number that connects everything.

Be prepared for a journey that draws together fringe science, psychedelic research, psychic powers, alternate dimensions, consciousness, mysticism, time travel, past lives, miracles, folklore, conspiracy and nostalgia in a soap opera for the soul.

‘The First Chronicle’ lays the groundwork and sweeps through the 40s, 50s and 60s to modern day in a wild nostalgic, scientific, paranormal ride. (#10)

More about this book and author click here
CIA Special Ops Team, Call Sign: Wrecking Crew is sent overseas on a Top Secret mission. Once the mission is completed, they rapidly realize they are merely Pawns in an International Chess Game that turns into a Political Firestorm.

As a result, they are disavowed. Accompanied by Firefights, Fate, and Faith, they finally find a way home. After arriving, they discover governmental abuses of the Constitution.

Will they survive long enough to thwart these enemies of the State? (#11)

More about this book and author click here
Martian Divides picks up the Martian Symbiont story two years after the end of Martian Blues. The Martians who returned to Earth hundreds of years ago finally found human women who were compatible with them and their telepathic symbiont. With the additional issue of defending Earth from hostile aliens now resolved, the Martians decide it's safe to return to their one true passion: space travel. Only one group of beings can threaten their plans.

Angry that most other people now carry the alien telepathic life form, the underground insists that what's left of real humanity is in danger. They believe Martian influence on society puts them at a disadvantage, so they set out to prove their humanity still has a voice. When they attack a Martian, the resulting mental shock wave has consequences felt around the world. (#12)

More about this book and author click here
The heroes of New Olympus are back in a new, modern mythological romp! When young people start disappearing from the streets of New Olympus, Detective Theseus is on the case – even if no one wants him on it. The Heroes Union has expelled him, the NOPD has suspended him, and his ex-fiancĂ©e may want him dead, but Theseus is determined to get to the bottom of this mystery.

To do so, he’ll have to deal with a family of serial killers, centaur wedding crashers, a reclusive inventor, his father’s new girlfriend, and more. The truth behind the disappearances lies in the center of a labyrinthine maze and it’s being guarded by a monstrous horned creature – and it’s hungry.(#13)

More about this book and author click here
Adam O’Brien closed his eyes to go to sleep. When he woke four days later his world was gone. He was alone. His parents had disappeared. The gaping wound on his head and the scratches on his arms were the only testimony to a tragic horror.

Waking in a room of luxury that seemed familiar he was greeted by Nicolas, a friendly stranger, who provided him a haven to rest and recuperate. It was not long before Adam realized something was very wrong and all that was held true was a lie. An unnatural presence lurked in the shadows, a force as strong as the devil.

As Nicolas slowly offers Adam the answers he desperately seeks and reveals an unspeakable crime, Adam comes to understand that he is connected to a family cursed for thousands of years, born to bear a burden even they don’t understand.(#14)

More about this book and author click here
John Baker’s life keeps going from bad to worse. Against a background of global recession and financial meltdown, first he loses his job and then he loses his girlfriend . . .

Oh, and then of course, there’s the zombies . . .
(#15)

For more about this book and author click here


82 comments:

Cary Caffrey said...

So many great covers, but #10 (Seven Point Eight) gets my vote! Love it.

kurios said...

This was tough. There are quite a few that are really good. I think I have to go with #9 though.

I believe my email's on my blog page.

Unknown said...

#8. ^___^

Anonymous said...

I love lots of these covers, lots of great composition to the images, but for me, speaking as a person who earns their crust from telling stories with pictures, I'd have to go with number 4 ; "Shattered Destiny". I like it because not only does it have great composition like some of the rest, but the perspective really drives home the size of the machine like monstrosity bearing down on who I suspect are the heroes. Also, from an artistic point of view, this is the only cover which has that renaissance style of creating subliminal triangles within a drawing. Whether this is on purpose or an inherent skill that the artist possesses I don't know, but having worked on some 400 film and tv productions and having directed photography for the Discovery Channel I know talent when I see it. Nice work everybody, and especially the guy/girl who did the artwork for "Shattered Destiny".

- Conor Slattery

Ryan said...

Number 13. Very creative love it, bet it looks great in thumbnail form also.

Anonymous said...

#13

Ric said...

i think #2 is the best

Anonymous said...

There are a lot that are great, but I am going with #9.

Daniel A Kaine said...

I would suggest voters read the text at the top of the post before commenting.

**If you are going to leave an annonymous comment you MUST put in your email for the vote to count**

Lynn Langone said...

Lots of great covers...but I am choosing #2. I love the title and the guys eyes are luring me right in and make me want to find out what he's thinking.

Lynn

lynnlangone@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

I liked #9 the best! (sylviamcknight@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

I posted a few minutes ago and did not see where to put my email, so I put it right in with the comment pick.

Shannon said...

That's fine! :) Just put your email right in with your comment will work for me.

Kassandra said...

If I can only pick one it would be the cover of book #8. Really like the post apocalyptic feel to it.

sionedkla@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

They are ALL SO GOOD! But I'm casting my vote for #2.

SM Blooding said...

My vote is for #10...though it was close with a couple of others. They're all so pretty!

smblooding at yahoo dot com

ErinBachand@yahoo.com said...

#9

Lynn Hallbrooks said...

I like #10 the best...It was a tough call though.

lynnhallbrooks@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

#4 Shattered Destiny.

All of the covers were very well-done, but #4 is cleaner, less cluttered. It caught my eye and held my attention the best.

moondustwriter said...

Know how critical the cover is - several of these are gr8
I'm voting for #3

mdw4osp@gmail.com

Charlene A. Wilson said...

I'm going with #1!

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Nice!

I vote for #10!

Gabe (Ava Jae) said...

Great idea! I vote #9!

Ms Saba (aka Teacher007.5) said...

I vote #1 :)

Lani Wendt Young said...

I vote for 'Dawn of Darkness'

stunning.

The Forward Observer said...

Okay, Shannon, I'm voting for my own cover on Old Scores. Cheers, Pete Grimm email: nelevonkiel@gmail.com
Cheers,
Pete Grimm
PS - Lots of good covers here!

TK Toppin said...

Voting for #6
tktoppin@gmail.com

Chad Thomas Johnston said...

I designed cover #13, so I vote for that one. Unless that's against the rules. :) Ha!

Anonymous said...

#6!

Mike )

Marie Loughin said...

A tight race! It's hard to separate "good cover" from "cover for something I might want to read."

I pick #10, but #6 is close behind.

Simply Lucie said...

I vote for #2. It's clean and mean, makes you wonder what that good lookin' guy is thinking. Makes me want to open past the cover!!

Anonymous said...

#2

Joye or not joy? said...

I vote #2. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Number 4 for me

conorslattery@hotmail.com

- Conor Slattery.

Jack Albrecht said...

I vote for cover number two, "Well With My Soul" by Gregory G. Allen.

Patricia Rockwell said...

I vote for "Shattered Destiny"

Anonymous said...

mamorumoon@yahoo.com

totally shattered destiny. way cool.

Denise said...

A lot of really great covers here but I have to go with #4 Shattered Destiny.

Anonymous said...

VERY hard to choose, so many great covers! I had to vote for #4, Shattered Destiny. Beautifully drawn, amazing perspective, really gives a feeling of fear and excitement. Well done.

Anonymous said...

chypefluxx86@yahoo.com

**Please disregard my first post!! I forgot to add my email address!!**

VERY hard to choose, so many great covers! I had to vote for #4, Shattered Destiny. Beautifully drawn, amazing perspective, really gives a feeling of fear and excitement. Well done.

SweetMarie83 said...

#9, Being Human, gets my vote. :-)
irishstar_83(at)hotmail(dot)com

Jeff Beesler said...

#8 is my choice, although all of these covers are gorgeous! Well done, indeed!

jeffreybeesler (at) gmail (dot) com

RachelintheOC said...

I luv #15 -- beautifully done.

arthur said...

I vote for #2

Sara said...

Number 9 gets my vote :)
saralovesdusty@gmail.com

Betty Dravis said...

My vote is for NO. 10... It is the most professional, colorful and eye-catching.

It was a toss-up with NO. 9 for me. All are very attractive.

Best to all -

Betty Dravis
bettydravis@gmail.com

roro said...

This was tough. There are quite a few that are really good. I think I have to go with #8 is my choice

believe my email's on my profile

Lauren I. Ruiz said...

My favorites are the one for "Well With My Soul" and the one for "Girls from Alcyone" (if I can only choose one, I choose the latter). Tough choice, though!

I chose the cover I did because it looks professional AND it caught my interest.

Shanona Ryder said...

#15...brilliant! =)

J. D. Brown said...

I'll vote for #1

jdbrown.author@gmail.com

Charlene A. Wilson said...

I'm voting for #1

Tanya said...

all of them are great in their own way, however my fave was number 6 (the girls from acy)i looked at the covers before reading the blurb, and this one i would have most likely bought the book with that cover.

well done though for them all :)

Jessica Lowdon said...

Very tough call. I'm stuck between #3 and #6. I'll have to go with #6, The Girls from Alcyone.

Mimi Barbour said...

#14 gets my vote - I love red!!!

AmberSpedding said...

I choose #7. I like it because its simple.
amber_spedding@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

#2

Andrew D. Carlson said...

I vote for #4, Shattered Destiny.

Anonymous said...

I vote for being human, #9

Anonymous said...

i vote for #9 being human, little_shorty532@hotmail.com

Shannon said...

Just a quick reminder. If you are posting anon, you MUST also put your email on.

Any anon posts with no email will NOT be counted as a vote. It also makes it very hard to draw your name out as a winner!

Unknown said...

Several are great, but I have to go with Seven Point Eight. Catches the eye.

Trashy said...

I vote for "the girls from Alcyone.(#6)"

Anonymous said...

I vote for #15!

fckemhard.bb@gmail.com

Toodle-pip! :)

M Pax said...

All the covers are beautiful. The Girls from Alcyone really caught my attention though.

mpaxauthor@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

My absolute favorite is #9: Being Human, it is what I would pick up *first* in a bookstore between these 15 choices. All of them look amazing, and there are 4 others that I really wish I could have chosen as well. In the end, my choice came down to what looked completely finished, wasn't too busy, used respectable and attractive fonts, and made me want to read the actual novel this minute. All of the artists should be extremely proud of the work they put in front of us, and all the authors wrote what sound like interesting and captivating reads.

my email address is jedediah001@gmail.com
- Ashley

Book Addict 2 said...

seven point eight karlaihdez@gmail.com

Kelley York said...

Wow, some of these covers are awesome. Hard to decide, but I think I'm going with DAWN OF DARKNESS.

ether(at)kelley-york.com

Anonymous said...

My vote is for #9 'Being Human'

shikubokubo at hotmail dot co dot uk

Byftpup said...

Dog Damn, but this is a HARD one,

My vote goes to ... #8 Dawn of Darkness - Daeva book one.

Byron
byft01@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna vote for #8 Dawn of Darkness.

scj
zebrareindeer@gmail.com

SueM said...

Tricky to choose just one, but in the end, I'm going to vote for the cover that immediately caught my eye, #8

susan(dot)main(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)au

Kaje Harper said...

Lots of great covers; For the combination of image, title and font I'm going #8; I love the disintegration of the letters with the post-apocalyptic feel of the background.

kajeharper@yahoo.com

Wendy said...

So many choices, but #8 (Dawn of Darkness) gets my vote - awesome!

wluvsbooks@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I really loved both 8 and 9, but if I were in a book store I'd probably pick up 9 first just because of the simplistic eerie feel and the implied darkness. :)

rachael.sorensen@xtra.co.nz

Possum said...

Not sure what time zone you're in, so I'll take a chance that voting is still open and vote for #9, Dawn of Darkness.

Anonymous said...

Is the voting still open? If so I'm casting my vote for #8
tre_punker@yahoo.com

Carmel said...

This is so hard to choose from, between Dawn of Darkness & Being Human - I think these are the top 2 covers without a doubt!! But I will have to go with my heart & pick Dawn of Darkness.
fauthc@tpg.com.au

Tracy J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy J. said...

I like the cover for #9 "Being Human" but I am leaning more towards #11 - "Storm Warning."

tracyjamesjones@gmail.com

Jeff said...

"Being Human", #9, gets my vote! Very well done!

Jeff said...

Whoops, forgot my email. jmpoole (at) gmail dot com.

Book Chatter Cath said...

#9 Being Human :)

cbcowley@gmail.com