Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Fresh New Blog Look

I think this is my fourth or fifth change to my blog. If you asked my husband, he would tell you that this is normal for me. How many times has he come home to re-arranged furniture? More than is normal I'm quite sure.

Let me tell you why I like this particular design. There were others that I thought were darker, more suited to a writer of urban fantasy, but they were TOO damn dark and I couldn't get any of my words to show up! This is what I get for not being as technically savvy as I'd like. So the light colour scheme of this background has a lot to do with why I chose it. It also has some great swirly magigs which caught my fancy.

So tell me what you think, let me have it straight up, no dilution. Too sissy? Girly? Ready for a change already?

6 comments:

Rayvenne Black said...

very pretty! I like the swirly magigs!

LM Preston said...

I love the colors - but then, I'm partial to greens and soothing color arrangements.

@islndsun said...

Green??? I see pink? Am I colour blind? Love the new look Shannon... can't wait to get to BUY your book Gluttony so I can read ALL of it!

Simon Kewin said...

Swirls are good, I like swirls, but if I'm honest it looks a bit noisy and sort of uncoordinated to me. Like it's been slightly cobbled together. Sorry! I know how hard this is. I took about a year to change mine to its current form.

I think it also says "romance writer" rather than "urban fantasy" writer ...

Shannon said...

Thanks to all for your comments. I agree with you Simon and I am looking for a more fantasy type blog background but they are all SOOOO girly! Anyway, things may be in flux as I hunt for the perfect blog back ground, don't be surprised if it changes several times over the next week. :)

Tanya said...

wow i must be in between the different changes cuase i see purple and no swirly anything....but i dont think it says anything but romance instead of fantasy...colour looks nice tho :P