Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Art of Mastering Fear

I found this long quote when I was cleaning up the other day. It has always been one of my favorites but it went missing in one of our moves. I was so pleased to find it as fear has been one of my many struggles within my life. Hopefully you enjoy this as much as I do.

Fear is a wild horse that needs a tight rein, for it is both friend and foe, both good and evil, and to live effectively one must learn to master it. . .

By using the fear of insecurity, defeat and failure as a lash and spur to high achievement.

By flooding the dark corners of fear and superstition with the bright light of reason and knowledge, this mapping the unknown, overcoming fancy with fact, dispersing hobgoblins of the imagination and revealing the truth that sets one free.

By beholding the power of faith to work miracles, as expressed in these inspiring words: "Fear knocked at the door: Faith opened it. And lo, there was no one there."

Wilfred A Peterson

2 comments:

Tanya said...

wow thats really nice :) im glad you shared it with us!

Ev Bishop said...

That is a great quote--encouraging and motivating to know that fear is something we all face (blah!) but it can be helpful, not necessarily a hindrance.