Monday, May 09, 2011

My husband and a Zombie Apocalypse



While fishing last weekend my husband and I had a very eye opening chat, one that involved, you guessed it, a zombie Apocalypse.

Why would we talk about this? Well, no need to get into the how of it, but what I found fun is that my hubby finally had a chance to see how my brain works, even when sitting and doing nothing.

Husband- "What's the first thing you would do if zombies over ran the world?"

Me- "Large fence with razor wire around the property, we could survive on the garden and the farm for a good long time. We could get some solar panels to pair up with the generator. Guns, we'd need lots of guns and ammo.Not to mention the fact that we have a well with perfect water, cows, chickens and food storage. We'd be good for at least the first wave of dead things.

Husband- Silence then, "You've thought a lot about this."

Me- "It's what I do when I'm not thinking about my writing. My brain has to keep busy." A pause and then, "After the initial wave, that we'd have to look into a semi that we could tank in a large portion of fuel."

Husband- "Wouldn't people see that and want to steal it? Surely there would be other survivors."

Me- "We'd bury the tank of course, have some sort of holding system. Not to mention there won't be too many survivors, I mean really, how many people actually think about things like surviving a zombie Apocalypse?"

Husband- "I can think of at least one."

It was a fun day fishing all and all and now the hubby knows that when the zombies start to over run the world, we at least will be ready for them. :)

How would you prepare for a zombie Apocalypse?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's always good to be prepared. When the Zombie Appocolips strikes, my plan is to break into your place and have you share all your stuff with me :)

Shannon said...

Well, at least I know to store enough stuff for one extra! :p

J E Fritz said...

I think writers would be the most capable of dealing with Z-day. My list?

1. Make spears.
2. Learn to throw with more accuracy.

Bows and arrows would also be acceptable.

Tanya said...

wow i wondered when the day would come when he would talk about this :P i mean we've only been doing stuff with zombies and what not :P

Jim said...

I'd take my gun and head over to your place and either commandeer your stuff or move in... as the Boss.