Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A new Addiction

I have spent the last three hours setting up my new computer. It turns out that my old computer was sold to me with so little memory that there was no way it was EVER going to run correctly from the first moment I bought it and turned it on.

Now, new computer and Internet connection in hand, I am surfing the web almost as fast as everyone else! The only thing I am worried about is that with these new super powers I may be less inclined to do my writing and more inclined to...well waste time.

So this blog is basically a kick start to get my writing juices flowing, a way to appease the need to use the new toys and yet still be writing. It's not really working. My right hand is literally itching to be clicking on the mouse that no longer has a little ball running under it, to click on YouTube and watch as videos download in under 5 hours.

This could get bad. How do you all live with computers with all these distractions and still get work done? I fear that soon I will begin to get the shakes and break out in a cold sweat...too late.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

lol shannon i have 2 screens for that reason. I play a game on one and do everything else onthe other one and i always have like 5 or 6 tabs open with crap on them....for this you are asking the wrong person :)