Monday, July 26, 2010

Agent Update

Two posts in one day is a record for me, but I promised an update. I sent an email off to the agent, only moments before my last post. As I was writing my poorly spell checked "Herre we go!" the agent responded, replying that she had really enjoyed our visit at the conference, had read my submissions package which included my first three chapters in between appointments and wanted my full ms as soon as possible. My response was immediate crazyness and that's when my spell check went out the window and I just posted the blog as is.

Thinking that I was on to fame and fortune, I attempted to attach my ms as the agent requested. Which was when BOTH of my computers decided that was too much work for them and please don't ask again cause neither wanted to make ANY attachments for me! Crap! So, thinking the problem may have been my Internet connection, I leapt into my truck, laptop in hand, and sped to the neighbours where I know I can pick up a wireless signal. I had to climb through their fence, laptop under my arm as they have a gate with a keyed entry.

The neighbours dog decided that today would be the day to not like me and he chased me all the way down to the house. Not wanting to interrupt the neighbours, I hopped into their Gator (kind of like a suped up quad), dog still barking and sent off the email post haste.

Ten minutes later, the agent had called me and we had a nice chat about my book, her excitement and how I had come up with some of my ideas. Since then, all has been quiet and I have been working on fleshing out the outline for book number two. Soon as something happens, I will give another update, no matter the time! Just hoping I don't have to dodge the dog any time soon.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but that made me laugh. Still, great news!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shannon!!!! I wish you all the best!!! I am so excited for you!
-Donna Kelley (I met you on the bench by the elevator)

Tanya said...

hats great news, and i can totally picture running around, laptop in hand completely ignoring the dog, thinking "must attach ms....must attach ms" :P makes me laugh :)

Best of luck!

Anassa said...

Ooh, fantastic news! I'm glad you got the MS sent off, and I hope the agent likes it.

islndsun said...

Congratulations Shannon.. I can't wait till Gluttony is out and I can finish reading it!!!

Creepy Query Girl said...

wow- congratulations! Great story about the finding the wireless connection. lol.

Shannon said...

These kind of things can only happen to me! Lol, I'm glad it made you all laugh and I can't wait till I can put up another update, hopefully with more good news!

Sharon Lynn Fisher said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this story! Can just SEE you braving fence and dog, wielding your laptop. ("Out of my way, you, I'm trying to get an agent!")

Congratulations, Shannon! I'm excited about your chances with this book. You've got a hot genre and a fresh idea -- best possible combination. Keep us posted!