Thursday, August 19, 2010

Word Count

I know I've past posted about how word count isn't all that, its about moving forward with your WIP. I still believe that, but today I had an amazing word count, one that blew my mind. I had a writers retreat single day with my writing group. We rented a conference room at a local hotel and started writing this morning by 9Am. It is now 9PM as I write this and I have knocked out an impressive (for me) 11, 090 words!

I'm sure that there are a lot of authors who do that and more each day, but it is a personal best for me. But now I have to stop typing as every other word I'm spelling incorrectly. Thanks to all my twitter friends who cheered me on, gave me support through the day and just generally made it that much easier to reach my goal! Hugs to you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

11,090 is an amazing word count! Congratulations!

Rebecca M. Senese said...

WOW! That is truly amazing. Congratulations!

Simon Kewin said...

Wow, that's absolutely amazing. Ah, I'd love to be able to hit that sort of count. That's a good total for a week for me ...

Shannon said...

Thanks! I couldn't have done it without my writers group (YAY for everyone there!) and of course all the online support and encouragement! This puts me a lot closer to finsishing the rough draft which I really needed. :)

Tanya said...

grats Shannon! thats pretty impressive (least i think so :P)