Tuesday, June 07, 2011

How I knew the Canucks Lost




This is a foray into family that I don't often do here on my blog, but this was just too funny not to share.

My father is an avid hockey fan and the Canucks are his team. Me and my hubby, not so much, but we've now seen a foolproof sign that will tell us when the Canucks have lost a game.

Last night after the 8-1 loss to Boston, we stepped out on our back deck to a sight we've never seen before.

My 71 year old, short and stout father was standing in front of his chicken coop, yelling at the chickens while he stomped around shaking his fist.

Chicken yelling = A Canucks loss.

I hope this made your day, as it sure as heck made mine. :D

4 comments:

Kathryn Rose said...

Ugh, I feel your dad's pain. It was a HORRIBLE guy. Lu was off all night, and it was the dirtiest hockey game I'd seen in a long time. But don't worry, Shannon's dad, I really do think the 'Nucks are bringing the cup home! :DDDD

Anonymous said...

I was driving around after the game. A giant pick-up truck zoomed up behind me and roared past (illegally --double yellow lines). I wanted to hip check him and send him flipping over my back. Otherwise, the roads were nearly deserted and all was eerily quiet. Probably a good thing.

Tanya said...

wow shannon that just made my day that much better :P we know here by the yelling and frustrated grunts and crys :P

Gratis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.